A Village Life








Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lately I've Noticed....

So, I've been doing a lot of pondering lately as I step back and take a look at our lives...

When did my 1 year old become that WT (pardon the expression) baby that walks around dragging her bottle everywhere and having little "snack" drinks of formula.?
Did my 3 year old really just say to me 3 times when I told her she lost her bedtime story for being naughty "I don't really care mom, I don't really care, I just don't care"?
When did I become that fussy eater mummy who cuts the crusts off of sandwiches and buys little pots of sweetened starchy crappy yogurts for my 1 year old?
How did I get so blase to allow my baby to smash food all over the house and not care or to let my daughter sit on the couch when I can see her feet are crusted in dirt?
Speaking of feet, when did my kids become the typical Kiwi children who never wear shoes, ever, no matter where they are, even at school?

I guess with one more on the way I've given in to the fact that Peter and I will be the minority and our children will and already do rule the roost.

2 comments:

  1. I am right there with you! When did it become part of my reality that when I scold my child says 'don't speak to me like that!'. And when did I give into 'yes, if you eat your dinner you can have one sweet treat' (something I swore not to do). This parenting thing is odd isn't it?!? Btw, I love that your kids don't wear shoes. So funny. Love hearing about the kiwi way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. meg..........i find myself wondering the same thing very very often. have we gotten lazy or just more realistic? my kids love pasta and makes dinner so much easier to just give them pasta....often. i swore before having children that i would not be one of those moms who let their kids walk around with gross, crusty, snotty noses.....but now that winter is almost upon us ive pretty much accepted the fact that they will have exactly that for the next 5 months and it honestly just seems silly to me at this point to try to fight it.
    we do the best we can and in the end i think our kids will be better off for not having overly neurotic moms.....or at least thats what i keep telling myself.
    xxt

    ReplyDelete