A Village Life








Thursday, August 5, 2010

Words of Wisdom

As I was reading this parenting book last night in bed, I came across these two brilliant quotes.  I won't even mention the book I am reading.  I think it might be total rubbish actually but it was a panic grab.  Being in the library with two small children was the worst idea ever so I literally grabbed these two books that were on some display about parenting.  The first book, a novel, was about a mother who smothers her daughter while she is sleeping!  Yes you heard me correctly.  How sick is that?  At first the book seemed normal and even made me laugh a few times.  Then it turned black.  Who could even come up with that idea and publish it?  Not my sort of easy reading.  The second book is more of a handbook on parenting that I kind of take with a grain of salt.  I mean, who actually knows best about this whole parenting thing, you know?  We are all just trying to do our best and hope our kids end up as normal functioning adults, right?  But these quotes seemed to ring true for me, do they for you?

"If there were no schools to take children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers."
-Edgar W. Howe

"Anyone who thinks the art of conversation is dead ought to tell a child to go to bed."
-Robert Gallagher

2 comments:

  1. True and brilliant! Thanks for the morning chuckle. We've started having to ask Kaden for 10 minutes of silence. He watches the damn clock the whole time!
    Xoxo. Mel

    ReplyDelete