A Village Life








Monday, March 18, 2013

At Long Last...

Not only has it been a long time since my last post but it's also been a very long time since I have finished a knitting or crocheting project.  I suppose in the summer that sort of craft is the last thing you want to be doing.  We've had many sunny summer days spent on the beach or outside in the garden instead of sitting quietly on the sofa knitting away.  I knew this project would take me ages even though it is big fat wool knitted on big fat needles which is why I started it in springtime knowing I would probably finish close to winter.  Just in time to need a warm shrug.  I finally sat myself down last week and MADE myself finish it once and for all.  And you know what?  I'm actually pretty pleased with it!  It is the softest cashmere/wool blend.  Debbie Bliss Como.  With all the leftover bits I am hoping to make a moss stitch patchwork cushion cover for the living room.  So without further ado, here it is....



2 comments:

  1. its so cute meg!!! i honestly cant believe that you know how to do that................
    xxt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in LOVE with your shrug. It's the cutest! When you come home this summer will you help me make a poncho? I'm thinking that might be my summer project but I will surely need help from you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete